Dental Restorations in Airdrie, AB - Single Unit Crowns, Dentures & More
At Nose Creek Dental Centre, Dr. Monty Gaur and his associates can restore both the appearance and function of your teeth through various means. Whether you need root canal therapy or a new crown to reinforce your bite, our team in Airdrie are ready to serve the health, function, and aesthetics of your smile.
Our team at Nose Creek Dental Centre places dental implants, which can then be restored after a necessary recovery period.
The following restorations are placed on dental implants, which effectively fill the space left by a missing tooth. Implants, made of titanium, provide solid reinforcement for jawbones, which can help prevent atrophy and the potential of a sagging smile.
- Single unit crowns provide stability not only to the vacant tooth socket, but also for surrounding teeth. Once a tooth is lost, other teeth tend to shift toward the vacancy, causing other negative developments such as crowding. Crowns both conceal implants and provide a buffer for additional restorations, like dental bridges in the case of multiple missing teeth.
- Dental bridges can effectively conceal the gap caused by one or more missing teeth, using surrounding crowns.
- Dentures, once secured onto implants, allow you to function as you would with a full set of regular teeth. The special adhesive that holds traditional dentures in place tends to dissolve, which leads to discomfort and impaired speech and chewing ability. Implant-supported dentures offer a permanent, stronger alternative.
For patients in immediate need of crowns, we use CEREC to fabricate strong restorations that restore adequate function to damaged teeth. CEREC utilizes porcelain, which is highly resistant to stains and resembles the aesthetics of natural teeth. Thanks to this advanced technology, our patients are able to receive new crowns the day of their appointment instead of having to wait for a local lab to craft them.
Traditional Restoration Options
The following restoration options we offer do not rely on dental implants; the goal of these treatments is to save the original teeth without resorting to fabrication and replacement.
- Fillings can preserve teeth that have been damaged by cavities. A tooth-colored solution is usually employed to fill the gaps. Once the decay has been removed and the vacancy has been filled, patients can be rid of further discomfort, infection, and potential teeth loss.
- We recommend wisdom teeth extraction for younger patients who wish to prevent future discomfort. Extracting wisdom teeth before they fully erupt can prevent crowding and other complications which usually have to be addressed with orthodontics.
- Root canal therapy is useful for saving teeth that have become infected. We save the tooth by extracting the infected pulp tissue inside the tooth itself.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Dr. Monty Gaur and his trusted team at Nose Creek Dental Centre make it their goal to provide comprehensive service to those in need of dental restoration. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, call our office in Airdrie today.